Friday, June 27, 2008

History and stuff

Mary Baker connects to another Port-centric site today. This time, its NBPTA.com. I think it's turned up on a few Google searches I've performed, but I never really looked too deeply.

Apparently, the site hopes to educate visitors to Newburyport's history form 1950 to 1990, which might affectionately be known to some as the "pre-Tom Salemi" era.

I'm all for education and history, so it gets two solid thumbs up from me.

Speaking of historical perspectives, I just finished John Marquand's Point of No Return. I thought it was an outstanding account of what life must have been like in Newburyport in the early part of the 20th Century, but this semi-historical depiction is rich with timeless lessons.

I look at Port a bit differently these days, with a few more layers of context.

.

1 comment:

Ari Herzog said...

For what it's worth, Tom, I scooped the site back in April.

See #6 on my post there.

Other Port Posters