Wednesday, June 4, 2008

An Absolute Outrage

No, not the landfill issue. I'm working on that one.

I finally made it over to 10 Center Street this weekend. They completely eliminated all the booths that faced Center Street, replacing them with a single bench and three or four small tables along with opposing chairs.

What the hell?

Not only did this reconfiguration destroy a uniquely intimate setting, one worth forgoing all other settings. But the new bench blocks half the windows making a dark room darker. Plus, I'd swear there are fewer seats in that part of the restaurant.

I just don't understand.

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whaaaat?! Why ruin a great thing? I don't get it.

Ari Herzog said...

Was it ever determined who bought the seats in the recent auction?

Tom Salemi said...

Not by me.

Anonymous said...

the manager at 10 center got in some hot water for the remodeling and throwing the seats out in the trash.

Tom Salemi said...

Well, if that's true I'd hate to see anyone get in trouble, but I don't understand the move.

In the grand scheme of things, however, this doesn't mean much. Just a little Yuppie whining.

I still managed to enjoy my drinks and burger. I enjoy the former a bit too much in fact.

One of the perks of living in a walkable city.

Tom Salemi said...

I accidentally deleted a comment. Apologies to Anonymous who suggested 10 Center Street has gone the way of the Jared Coffin House.

I had to look it up, but it's a Nantucket B&B. Coincidentally, I think I stayed there a decade or so ago.

I think 10 Center is nicer.

Bean said...

What a shame. I feel like out of all of the places in town, they needed to do the least remodelling. Now, if you told me that Rosie's was throwing out their booths, I'd applaud that move.

Other Port Posters