Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Live For This*

What a day. Nothing a big, fat slap in the face reminder of what Newburyport is like in the summer. Simply special.

Downtown was humming as folks rushed to soak in this early splash of summer. And, I might add, as I was walking back from my lunch along the river I noticed there were no, repeat, no available parking spots on the West NRA lot or Central Parking.

On a Wednesday.

In April.

And we don't need a parking garage??

Hmmm.



*yes Major League Baseball I stole your slogan. What are you going to do about it?


.

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My people will be in touch

Tom Salemi said...

Yeah, if your thugs try any rough stuff you tell them I ain't no band leader. And I ain't Terry Francona either.

Let the poor guy wear the sweatshirt over his uniform for crying out loud.

Anonymous said...

And the East Lot?

Ari Herzog said...

Not only was that lot full, but Bob Lobster's outdoor picnic tables were nearly full at 2pm.

Emo said...

I Live For This: Today was a beautiful, warm, sunny day, a reminder of what Southern California is like 365 days a year.

Tom Salemi said...

So you'll never know the joy of the first summery afternoon of the season.

I pity you really.

Other Port Posters