Thursday, January 8, 2009

Will they change the name?

Just saw this item in the Globe. The Bridge Gallery, which sits on the west side of the railroad bridge that crosses Merrimac, is moving away from the landmarks that presumably provided its name. The Web site says it's migrating eastward to 1R Water.

I'm sure its a good move for the gallery, but I'll miss the one bright little spot in that dark spot on Merrimac. Of course if the extended boardwalk is every completed I'll likely bypass that area all together on my walks.

I still do find that section of town interesting. The shops along the bottom of Winter Street appear to be filling up, slowly, with businesses that don't appear to require high volumes of traffic. I'm eager to see what moves into the largest spot on the corner.

If parking weren't a concern I always thought it'd be an interesting site or a cafe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I saw the same RSS feed. Isn't that funny? Globe scoops the local. Not surprising, but funny.

Other Port Posters