Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tom on Tom

Hey!
What.
What gives.
What?
Why the hell haven't you been blogging?
Well, this week has been crazy.
Boo hoo.
Hey, shut up. Work was nuts. I had to get all my work done by Sunday because I had to get to a conference.
Waaa, waah.
Oh nice. You think blogging is easy? You just can't force this stuff. Plus, I've got a real job, one where people actually pay me to write! You going to pay me to write this blog stuff?
Sure, just after I start paying pigeons to crap on the sidewalk.
Well then, work has got to take priority. And then there was all that damn snow. The shoveling, oh, the shoveling. I need a snowblower.
Yeah, yeah, so are you going to start blogging again?
Any day now, I swear.
About what.
I don't know. I still need to catch up on the papers. Certainly the mayor's re-election plans. That's worth a mention. I've contemplating a piece on the wind turbine for sometime, wrote half of it in fact, but just didn't get to finish it.
What do you think of it?
I don't mind it. Saw it from 95 this morning on the shuttlebus back from the airport. Looks fine to me.
That's it? That's the piece you've been contemplating?
No, I had more to say. But that'll do for now. I've got to finish up all the work I was supposed to finish by Sunday. And, I hear it's going to snow again...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom: Have your neighbors chip in on the snowblower. Three other homes chipped in on ours and we share.

Then again, you can buy it, and then do everyone's driveways for them. Why? Because that's the kind of guy you are.

James
P.S. Think Honda

Tom Salemi said...

I'm blessed with just one of those neighbors, and he came up big time for me on Sunday and he does regularly.

Still, clearing snow is one of two "guy" things I'm actually capable of doing around the house. (raking leaves would be the other, and I suck at that.)

So while I may hire someone to hang a picture or four [fill in name of preferred target here] to screw in a light bulb I always could shovel.

I feel like such a mooch when someone clears snow for me. Perhaps I just have to let it go.

I also have to let go the rage I feel when one of the plows roars at 55 mpm down our street, smashing snowbanks back onto the sidewalk.

I will start fining the city if they muss up my sidewalk one more time.

Anonymous said...

Send the fine to:
Councilor Ed Cameron
City Hall
60 Pleasant Street
Newburyport, MA 01950

You may receive payment in the form of a gift certificate for one free week's trash pick up, but hey, times are tough.

James Shanley

Other Port Posters