Wednesday, November 14, 2007

This is good news

Was happy to read this in the paper this morning. Nothing against Tom O'Brien. I don't know him and can't offer opinion one on his time as council president but I've gotten to know James Shanley and his dog, Lucky, a bit, and I like them both.

Plus he was kind enough to serve as a sounding board when I pondered an Ives-like run for School Committee. At the time, no one else had stepped forward so I was thinking, Why not? The insights of James and a few others showed me the only thing tougher than running for school committee is being on the school committee. (Note, an email prodded me to edit that text a bit. In short, Shanley laid out the clear pros of cons of running and serving on the school committee. It wasn't right for me at this time. Maybe someday.)

I'd rather be blogging (at this point and time.)

If Shanley were elected president, I expect things from this council. In my conversations and on the council floor Shanley seems to make a lot of sense (which is one way of saying his positions largely mirror my own.)

More on these expectations later.

No comments:

Other Port Posters