Monday, November 26, 2007

The Poll-Vote Early and Often

Incidentally, one thing about the Blogger polling system.

I can't explain this with any degree of certainty. I'm sure it involves cookies, and not the good kind.

But the Blogger polling program supposedly only permits you to vote once. However, I've noticed that if I access the blog from different Internet Service Providers I'm given the opportunity to vote again.

So I voted once from the in-laws house over the weekend. When I got home on Saturday, the Blog appeared as if I'd never voted.

I haven't done so, and I'm guessing that 90% of the people checking out the poll also haven't done so.

But since I can't fix this little bug, the only fair thing to do is reveal it to all.

So if you're really desperate to sway the outcome you may want to grab your laptop and access the wireless signals available at Plum Island Roasters, Nutcracker and our other fine establishments downtown.

But house rules say one vote per visitor.

No comments:

Other Port Posters