Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top Stories Vol. 3

And finally
THE A-FRAME SIGN FIGHT: You know, in retrospect, this thing received far too much ink already. Pass.
THE BOOTHS AT 10 CENTER ST: This too, this one-man campaign--my own--to restore the comfy booths at a high end restaurant seems insignificant nowadays. Pass.
PLUM ISLAND'S WASHING AWAY: This would be my pick for top story. You've got mismanagement and neglect by the federal government; the potential impact of global warming; the wrath of mother nature; greed; jealousy; cats and dogs sleeping together and, oh yeah, people are starting to lose their homes.
I extended the voting deadline into next week  for those who need a little more time to consider. But I'm casting my vote today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom: You missed the biggest story of the year, namely the passing of Melvin Cohen, chairman of the Presto Corp. Under Mr. Cohen's leadership, the Presto Corporation introduced to the world the Salad Shooter, Frybaby, and of course, the Tater Twister.

James

Tom Salemi said...

I know. I tried to include it but I couldn't type through the tears. You're braver than I.

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Fry up a batch of Tater Twists in your Frybaby, get out the Ketchup and let the healing begin.

My name is James Shanley and I approve this message.

Other Port Posters