Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Speaking of the News

Here's the paper of record's report on the pub opening up at Rosie's. Sounds like a nice fit to me, and I'm excited at the notion.

Insider media note: Electronic media folks offer tips of the cap to other bloggers and such who break a story, as we did last week. Note, I did get the name wrong.

Brick, mortar and news inks do not offer the same consideration. They pretend the previous report never existed.

I used to favor the old school way, but I recognize and appreciate the congeniality of the new protocol.

Hmm, that sounded a little more catty than I intended. Not a big deal really, just making mention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised at all the negative comments at the end of the daily news article. I'm psyched to have an irish pub in town again.

Emo said...

Why did you prefer the old way? I've always had a problem with the habit of newspaper and wire reporters refusing to credit the person who broke the story. For example, when the web took off, traditional reporters petulantly refused to credit Drudge and blogs.

Tom Salemi said...

I agree. Perhaps people think we need a coffee house?

Tom Salemi said...

I just preferred the more bare knuckled day when newspapers only competed with newspapers.

Back then the only nod or cap tip you got was the satisfaction in knowing you broke the story and were days ahead of the competition.

Better still, you had the satisfaction of knowing your competition knew it as well.

But many more folks read papers back then, so your achievement was broadly known.

Other Port Posters