Thursday, March 27, 2008

Confession Time

I bought a coffee at Starbucks this morning.

I know this goes against my Buy Local creed. But, well, I was getting into the office very, very early this morning, and my usual haunts were closed. And the warm lighting and deep green sign looked so inviting.

And they were serving Espresso Roast....

So I bought the coffee. But I did not drink it, I swear. Nor did I eat the Petite Vanilla Bean Scone.

I've already recited 10 "Buy Locals" and finished five readings of the Formula Business "Don't call them Chain Stores" Restriction "Not a ban" Ordinance. I hope that's enough.


.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very. Disappointed.

Gillian Swart said...

Heretic.

Anonymous said...

The DD in Richdale was open, so you didn't have to drink burnt coffee.

Ari Herzog said...

Waitasec. You bought a coffee and a scone and didn't consume them? Did anyone?

I'd hate to see another victim of unnecessary waste. After all, there are people in this world--in this community--who are hungry for food.

Or hungry for something, evident by the treasure hunter I blogged about the other day.

Anonymous said...

I only drink localy grown coffee.
Good thing I live in Columbia.

Buenas Noches

Other Port Posters