Monday, January 7, 2008

Facebook

A little bit about me, I'm one of those people who fiercely resists adopting new technology--or any service made possible by new technology--until I've used my friends and families as guinea pigs.

PCs, DVD, DVR, Cellphones, the Internet. I'm always the last person I know (not counting my parents) to decide a new product or services is worth my time/money.

Hell, people have been blogging for years. Yet I just started this thing a few months ago (moving to Newburyport helped.)

So, a significant sample of my friends finally--and individually--shamed me into joining Facebook. I must admit, it's pretty cool. Not going to change the world, but it's fun and I've managed to reconnect with some old friends.

Why should you care? My brother--one of those first-adopter types--noted there wasn't a Newburyport group on facebook. He suggested I should start one. So I did. Right now we're a small group, just a me and a friend.

So if you are a Facebook person and live/care about Newburyport feel free to join.

I recognize this form of connection isn't as warm as leaning over the fence to chat up the neighbor.

But it's better than a kick in the head. That I can promise.

No comments:

Other Port Posters