Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Next Challenge

Thank you to all for visiting this site from time to time. We got a record number of hits on Tuesday, Election Day, or close to a record, so it's nice to know that people still care.

But I'd like to ask you to give a little now. I'm going to try to serve as a virtual drop site for the Pennies for Poverty 100 Can Challenge.
Pennies for Poverty has launched a challenge to all businesses, organizations, schools and neighborhoods in Newburyport to collect 100 cans of non-perishable food by Thanksgiving to donate to the area food pantries. With the economy still on the downside, there are many families and individuals in Newburyport who have fallen below the poverty level or at risk of becoming victims of poverty. We are challenging every one to give a little to make a big impact. If we all donate a can or two, think of all we could feed.
Whether your candidate won or lost on Tuesday, we've all got a great deal for which we should be thankful. If you're inclined to give back a little bit, consider doing this it through this site (or through other venues if you prefer.)

Here's what I'm going to do. I put up poll in the left hand column. Indicate how many cans you'd like to donate, tell me where you'd like to pick them up by emailing me at Newburyportposter@gmail.com and I'll grab them next Saturday morning.

I'll arrange a drop off site if necessary.

One, two, five, 10 cans, it doesn't matter. Every bit helps.

No comments:

Other Port Posters