Monday, October 26, 2009

Aaargh

Work dragged me away from here for nearly a week, forcing me to stay in some two-bit (okay, probably three or four diamond) hotel on San Francisco's Nob Hill. Oh the horrors.

And my pain only gets worse because I haven't been able to blog nearly as much as I'd like to, and I'm finding all the good ideas for blog items are getting snapped up.

Witness Mary Baker Eaton's tome on the rail trail. I had the opportunity to walk from the train station to my home yesterday afternoon on the freshly paved pathway. Fantastic place to spend part of a brilliant fall day.

Actually, I was quite shocked when I boarded the 11:30 Newburyport-bound train. It was packed with young people in walking shoes. I thought for an instant, perhaps they're coming to stroll State Street. But then I realized they're true destination--Salem.

Ah well, just wait until they read about our trail. No doubt they'll be visiting us one brilliant fall day.

I do have one question, however. Why are their curbstones on Washington Street? I assumed we'd want the trail to be accessible to people bicycles. Giant hunks of granite may slow people down, but perhaps that's the idea?

7 comments:

Grammar police said...

"Why are their curbstones on Washington Street?" Their? You mean "there."
I'll let you off with a warning this time.

Tom Salemi said...

Is this really the most constructive use of your precious time?

Dick Monahan said...

and, he missed "they're true destination".

I'm mostly retired, so my time isn't so precious any more. :-)

Dick Monahan said...

More to the point, I'm sure there will be a path for bicycles. Just look at the ramp they've built down to the boardwalk.

Any idea what that big noisy green machine sitting at the end by the river is?

Tom Salemi said...

Great. I apparently can use a copy editor. You're hired. :)

Anonymous said...

boondoggle

Tom Salemi said...

Yes, that's what I meant to write. Thanks.

Other Port Posters