Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Take Time to Care

I know this caption sounds a bit snippy, but I just wanted to convey a simple thought.

I hear often from people in my demographics, those folks with young children and zero extra time, have a difficult time keeping abreast of the election. It's no lie, it's exceedingly difficult to set aside the time to read the paper, watch council meeting and generally stay informed.

But we're fortunate to have an abundance of news sources:

  • The Daily News
  • The Current
  • Blogs by Gillian Swart, Mary Baker Eaton and others (hello self)
  • Port Media, which is running extensive interviews on both mayoral candidates and all but two of the city council hopefuls.
  • The Liberator (which, btw, has two excellent sit downs with Donna Holaday and James Shanley in the current issue.)

So all I ask is this. Try to carve out two or three hours over the next three weeks to watch a few interviews. Check in on blogs. Read whatever you can find either in newspapers or the candidates' own Web sites and try to get informed and, if you can, somehow involved.

As a service, I'll link to articles and interviews in a box below and list any election-oriented meetings I can find.

No comments:

Other Port Posters