Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Candidates Forum a Success

Well, I'm happy to report attendees outnumbered candidates, a considerable feat given the rainy weather and the fact that the race has 20 people running. Only 15 were able to show up, but the crowd was still bigger than the field.

I'm quite impressed with all the candidates. There's a lot of talent and commitment spread amongst the field. I could see any mix of nine doing a fine job.

No cable on hand to record the event, however, which is a good thing since I absolutely hate talking about myself, particularly in public. I didn't pull a Munson, but I'm glad that's over.

And I finally got to meet Dick!

5 comments:

Gillian Swart said...

Ha ha I got to meet Dick before you did ha ha

Dick Monahan said...

As a member of that depressingly small audience, I agree that we have a most impressive group of candidates. I had printed out the web page http://newburyportcharterreview.wordpress.com/the-candidates/ and made notes as each spoke. I gave each a grade. Interestingly, as some continued to talk, I lowered their grade; I never raised one. :-) Further, it was the ex-teachers who tended to pontificate and talk too long. This might indicate there will be some very long commission meetings.

Dick Monahan said...

Other interested parties can meet me at Ari's "do" at the Custom House tonight. :-) There will be a small fee for autographs.

Tom Salemi said...

Yes Gillian but now I know more charter review candidates than you.


Dick, please don't steal Ari's spotlight. Try to be discreet.

Gillian Swart said...

Humpf.

Other Port Posters