Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sleeper Restaurant

Where's the newest restaurant in town? You won't find it downtown. The Riverside Cafe opened up inside the Towle Building. Looks like it operates mostly as an onsite eatery for Towle tenants and customers.

But it's now open on Sundays for brunch. Looks like they're packing folks in too. Lots of parking and decent views.

I haven't been there yet, and I don't know the owner. I just thought it's an interesting spot for a restaurant.

No sign of any cozy booths.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,

thanks for the info.

have you been to the brunch or know the style?

in my mind brunch should be a buffet, not an expensive breakfast (like 10 Center, which is good but not really brunch).

David's is not that bad the last time I went but not a great selection and is usually winding down around 12.

Best in the region, take a drive to Wentworth b/t Sea. Four hours of food.

thanks,
sds

Tom Salemi said...

This year was the year we decided NOT to host Easter at our house. We insisted on going out for brunch and we went to Wentworth.

Fantastic. Simply fantastic.

As for Riverside, I see no signs of a buffet but I didn't stoop as low as to peer through the window.

But I'm surprised at how cozy a spot it is. They've got a few outside tables. Nice view of the river. It's quiet.

It'd be great to have a North End destination.

Anonymous said...

Tom, we went yesterday for Sunday brunch. I was impressed...very down to earth buffet and very reasonably priced.

Ed Cameron

Tom Salemi said...

Wow, a buffet!? Good to know.

It really is a peaceful spot on weekends.

Other Port Posters