Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Good Grades for Kerble

I've quickly grown to like Superintendent Marc Kerble.

I've never met the guy so I base my opinion on what I'm reading in the paper. But I feel the guy has done an admirable job of getting out there and serving as a public face for the school department, something that was sorely needed in my opinion.

He even posts regularly on Facebook (or has someone capable doing it) so he's made himself virtually available, at least.

His predecessor Kevin Lyons seemed more aloof and withdrawn. Perhaps he was stinging from the public beating over his decision to close to Kelley School or maybe that was just his style. No knock against the fellow, he was obviously skilled.

So far, Kerble has done a nice job presenting himself and now you can read his message in the Daily News. And his plan here.

Again, I know it's too early for final - or even mid-term grades - but he's made a nice impression.

1 comment:

Gillian Swart said...

I've met him, and your analysis seems spot on.

Other Port Posters