Thursday, July 2, 2009

Charter Review

Gillian Swart is doing her normally thorough job in keeping us posted on who has pulled papers to run for Charter Review Commission.

I may steal some of her thunder and start posting the names of the potential candidates as well as other information on the Charter Review campaign. It's a thorough--and therefore complex--process that deserves explaining.

I'm thrilled that 14 people have pulled papers so far, and I hope the count only goes up. When I ran into Mayor Moak a few weeks back I half-jokingly suggested he should run since he's not up for re-election. He laughed off the idea, but a recent chief executive would add an interesting element to the race and commission.

For those pondering a run, some good news, the deadline for returning signed papers is actually September 15, not the 28th as previously thought. I'm still not clear on why the difference, but that gives anyone ample time to collect 50+ signatures.

In other words, I no longer have an excuse for not turning in my papers.

3 comments:

Tom Salemi said...

Got the word from the City Clerk hisself when I picked up papers.

Must be different for Charter Review Peeps, cuz we rock it.

Gillian Swart said...

Charter review is your thing, Tom, so have at it. Not to imply that you need my permission :0

Jill Gross said...

TOM FOR MAYOR!

Other Port Posters