Saturday, June 13, 2009

Charter Review Info

I spent the morning at the high school collecting signatures for the petition to put the Charter Review on the November ballot. I was HIGHLY encouraged by the percentage (and number) of folks who supported the measure, with most calling it a no-brainer.

There was some hesitant types as well, which I respect. They didn't want to sign anything until they felt they full understood the issues.

So, if any of them are reading this blog, please go to the new Charter Review Website here for all the information you might need to make an informed decision, both now and in November.

And pay attention to this space. I'll have more on the subject.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't it strike you, as a former journalist, that everyone that signed the letter to the papers in April, are all democrats, as are the majority that support it? isn't that worth discussing/investigating?

Tom Salemi said...

So discuss. What are you trying to say?

Tom Salemi said...

And to answer your question I hadn't really considered party affiliations.

I'm guessing Dems out number GOPs by a fairly large margin in the city, although I don't have the number, so such a fact wouldn't surprise.

But this is you point, so go.

Tom Salemi said...

Sorry to interrupt again, this is from 1994.

Dems-3533 31.8%
Republican- 1756 15.8%
Unenrolled- 52.3%

Not sure how this has change, but there you go. I'm guessing the half that is affiliated trends toward being more politically active.

But go....sorry...your show.

Anonymous said...

you're the journalist, i was just bringing it to your attention because i thought you might want to check into it. seemed odd to me.

Anonymous said...

Charter Review and Party Affiliation? Apples and Grapes.

Anonymous said...

democrats are the party of change...

ECC said...

Ed Cameron D
Hugh Kelleher D
Bonnie Sontag D
Chip Wyser Unenrolled

I knew Hugh was a Dem because he's on the City Committee.

Bonnie and Chip, I had to look them up on my voter list.

Hey, it's nonpartisan and anyone can get involved and anyone can run. Democracy with a small 'd'.

I think Charter Review has an appeal across the political spectrum.

Other Port Posters