Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blog Freeze

Work's been a bear, so it's been difficult to find time to steer these talented little fingers over to my non-paying gig. So please bear with the silence just a little bit longer.
If you need a fix, please do visit the blog roll. Gillian Swart is going bananas over the landfill. Tip of the cap to her, and I'll try to offer my thoughts in the next few days.
Meanwhile, let's also give a big Newburyport Posts welcome to the Newburyport's Voice blog and blogger Larry Giunta. Gosh, it's refreshing to have a blogger who actuallys signs his name to things.
Larry promises and delivers a conservative's take on all matters Newburyport. I anticipate disagreeing with most of his posts, but I welcome them warmly. Here's hoping we have a few blog fights.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Hopefully if there are Blog Wars, the commentary will be more beneficial than the back and forth anonymous sniping that goes on at the Daily News site.
James Shanley

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Looking forward to checking out Larry's blog. I anticipate agreeing with most of his posts! ;)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the anonymous commenting on the Daily News' site, James. It shows me what people think, and I enjoy engaging with them.

Speaking of which, how come you don't add comments as "James Shanley" but as Anonymous? Instead of selecting the fourth button, choose the third. And you can type in your business' website URL if you want people to see what you do when not browsing blogs.

Tom Salemi said...

I imagine it would have to be more beneficial than that.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Ari, but I don't enjoy the commenting on the DN site. Quite the contrary, I find it depressing, and more akin to a long car trip with kids, pre in-car movies. More often than not, the main thrust of the comments are to belittle someone else's opinions,or worse, the person themselves. I have to wonder if people would behave like this if they had to own their words (I commend you for always doing so), as they do in the print version of the DN. Might make for some awkward encounters in the supermarket, no?

Thanks for the tip on signing in, I'll give it a try. Before I type in my web address, I'll need a ruling from Web Master Tom.

James

Tom Salemi said...

Oh please, permission granted.

Remember, dozens of people read this site each year. Think of the exposure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tom.

Probably best I keep the biz and the politics separate.

Newburyport Republican City Committee said...

Dear Tom,

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. That is appreciated.

I hope we do debate/exchange ideas on our blogs. That is one of the reasons I created it. I felt the City was lacking the conservative side of some stories. Hopeful the residents of the city will welcome it and will participate on the debate in a professional manner so it can be enjoyed by all.

Thanks Again,

Larry Giunta
Newburyportsvoice.blogspot.com

Tom Salemi said...

Look, we agree on something already.

Other Port Posters