Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sad News from Liberty Street

Kudos to the Daily News for reporting on their own financial difficulties and job cuts. No word on how this will impact local coverage, but those things became apparent in time to those who pay attention.

As I've stated many times, I'm a huge fan of the Daily News. It has its problems and falls short at times, but we all have our bad days. Their bad days are just published 12,000 times over each day.

I can't overstate how important local coverage is to our city and region. I get two papers dropped on my door step each morning, the Daily News and the Wall Street Journal. Guess which one I read first.

I just wish more people did the same. I also hope the Daily News finds a new model that works.

ADD: The Herald's take.

No comments:

Other Port Posters