Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Election Day

Here's the agenda for today

I. You go to vote. Polls open 7 am to 8 pm. Don't know where? Go here.

II. Vote yes on the Charter Review Commission. You can figure out the rest.

III. Check back here later tonight. I'll try to post the results as soon as I get them. If I can't get them I'll post saying so.

IV. Check out PortMedia for a life report from City Hall with Gillian Swart.

V. Thank God you live in a Democracy.

Gotta say, it's pretty cool being on the ballot. I once ran for Planning Board in my old town, but I was unopposed. I managed to beat out blanks and incumbents, but this is a lot more fun. I think I'll bring The Boy.

3 comments:

Emo said...

V. Thank God you live in a Democracy.

I dunno, Tom. I always do what the liberal New York Times columnists tell me to do, and Tom Friedman said that one-party autocracy was best if it was "led by a reasonably enlightened group of people, as China is today."

Perhaps the Charter Commission should consider declaring Newburyport a one-party state. Tom Friedman would approve -- as long as your one-party state agreed with Tom Friedman.

Dick Monahan a said...

Something I never thought of before today. Are the individual ballot scanners at the polls counting the votes, or is there a separate vote-counting machine at City Hall, or ???

If the machines at the polls are doing the counting, are they brought to City Hall for the tally, or do the poll workers simply read them over the phone to City Hall, or ???

Dick Monahan said...

It sure would be nice if someone told those of us who don't have Comcast what is going on. It's 9pm and all I know is that Holaday won (per the Daily News).

Other Port Posters