Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Charter Review In, Salemi Out

The Daily News is doing a nice job of reporting on the important races in town, so here's the link to their page.

The other big news, particularly in these parts, is the passage of the Charter Review question by considerable margin. Unfortunately, your intrepid blogger was not one of the nine people selected to do the review. But, such is life.

Congratulations to the nine selected to do the review and to the 11 that ran but didn't win. It was a fantastic experience.

I'd personally like to thank anyone who took the time to vote for me. I truly, truly appreciate your support.

And a hearty congratulations to the other winners of the day, particularly Donna Holaday who defeated fav James Shanley as well as council newcomers Heartquist, Cronin and Herzog.

6 comments:

Dick Monahan said...

I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it. But, who did?

Dick Monahan said...

All the Daily News is doing is running the same Breaking News over and over, and it only shows Mayor and Ward Councilors.

Jill said...

Tom, we're disappointed you didn't make it this time - but there is always next time :) We watched the results on channel 9!

Tom Salemi said...

Sorry Dick, having a hard time reading my notes through the tears...


I'll see if I can call the full list up. There was some discrepancies with final tallies.

Tom Salemi said...

I can't open the spreadsheet Bruce Menin kindly gave me (I was woefully unprepared for the tally reading), but the unofficial list in my head is...

Bailey, Mullins, Kelleher, Brown, Vogel, Gagnon, Cole, Menin, Stiles

ECC said...

Tom,

I hope all 20 candidates give themselves a pat on the back for putting it out there.

Not an easy thing to do! I hope all 20 stay involved whether they are members of the 9 or not. There will be lots of opportunities to contribute.

Ed

Other Port Posters