Thursday, September 4, 2008

By the way

Curiosity finally got the best of me on Saturday. I climbed to the top of the Tannery building on the river side of Water Street (75 Water Street) to see why someone was installing canopies and putting in chairs.

It someday (soon I hope) will be roof seating for Andaman Thai Restaurant. This is guaranteed to be one of the best places to dine next summer. I asked our waitress when the roof might be ready. She didn't have any guess.

Is that officially part of the Tannery complex?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for uncovering this mystery! I've never been to this restaurant, but will absolutely make a point of going if they've got that seating.

Anonymous said...

hi,

yes Dave Hall owns that building, took out a couple of tanks.

that is the plan but there's the legal issue of contiguous space between the restaurant and any outside seating.

i said rent them the elevator for $1 a year.

i hope something will be worked out. its certainly a great idea as long as there's a full time staff up there which is the main concern of the law.

but it might open a can of worms though.

thanks,
sds

Gillian Swart said...

Tom,

This roof seating is something I was asked by the Current to investigate earlier this year. At the time, no one was "ready" to comment. I was dispatched to look into it because of the issues holding it up. I was hoping when I read your post that the issues had been resolved.

Mary, I had dinner there tonight. Yummy. You should definitely check it out, even without the roof seating.

Other Port Posters