Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We're going to Vegas, Baby



I'm feeling pretty good about my picks in yesterday's post.

Moak by a lot.
Stiles - This could be McCarthy
McCarthy - This could be Stiles
Cole -
Bacon


Granted, you didn't have to be a Braintree surgeon to see how things might play out (nod to Jimy Williams.) As the Daily News pointed out correctly today, this thing will come down to the waterfront, surprise, surprise, surprise.

I hope there is some real parsing of the candidate's position on this. I think my stance aligns more with Jim Stiles--open waterfront with plenty of public use. But I would like to hear John Moak's phased-in plan. It could merely be a different path to where I want to go. (Disclosures: I sat on the ad hoc parking committe with Jim Stiles. But I also got to know John Moak in the short time I covered City Hall.)

It would be a mistake, however, to rule out the rest of the town coming into play. This will be John Moak's strength. It'll be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out.

BTW, something like 25% of the registered voters in this town took part? I don't know the historical counts, but that's got to be close to the bottom. Seems like if five guys can take time out of their lives to run campaigns the least we can do is vote for them.

No comments:

Other Port Posters