Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Welcome to Newburyport Posts


Thanks for checking in. I don’t know what direction this blog will lead me just yet. I’m thinking this will mostly focus on Newburyport and the area since I’m a huge fan of both.

I lived up here in 1990s (apartment in Amesbury, job at The Daily News.) Life and career led me away for a while but I’m very thankful both allowed me to return. I’ve lived here a year, and I’ve loved every day of it. I hope you folks appreciate how good you have it here.

A little background, I was a newspaper reporter. I wrote for the Daily News from 1993-1997 covering business, Newbury, Rowley and, for a short-time, City Hall. Now I’m writing about medical device companies, venture capitalists and the like. Interesting stuff no doubt, but I still have a hankering writing about this town.

I’m guessing this will help me feed that beast, just a little.

I’ll post as often as possible once I get a better feel for things. I welcome any emails or comments. But I’m resigned to the fact that I’ll probably shouting out into the darkness.

That’s fine too.

Tom

p.s. In case you were wondering, that isn't me in the picture. But that is someplace in Newburyport, according to The Office web site.

No comments:

Other Port Posters