Monday, January 25, 2010

Going to 11 Plus One.

I walked down State Street this morning on the way toward my $1 coffee from Fowle's when I saw a sign reading "Opening Day" in the storefront housing Loretta, the former Aquatini. Not trusting anything I read these days -- or my ability to grasp things that I read -- I caught the glance of a man inside and mouthed, "Are you opening today?" He confirmed this fact. Score one for 12 years of public school education.


Now I'm fairly excited about this addition to the Newburyport restaurant scene. The menu sounds chock full of appetizing options including BBQ-style meals. So I posted the news on the blog's Facebook page. (Please follow the link to the right to sign up.) The news got passed around fairly quickly, and soon enough Ari Herzog posted a link to the restaurant's web site on the City of Newburyport fan page.

The web site is barren. No menu, details or descriptions but I'm sure that situation will be remedied soon. But what they do have is a logo,which you can see, and the hours.


27 State Street
Newburyport, MA 01950
Now open.
Daily: 11am - midnight
Phone: 978-463-0000


Midnight! Outstanding. A month or so ago the Mrs. and I went out with some friends to Michael's for drinks. We lost track of the clocks and by the time we needed food the kitchen was closed along with every visible kitchen in the downtown. We would have killed for an option like Loretta. No doubt their stamina will serve them well.

Welcome.

No comments:

Other Port Posters