Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wind Turbine

No doubt, we'll have more on this topic. But I just have to say this.
I drive by the wind turbine nearly every day, and I still haven't heard a sound. Today, the rotors were spinning at the fastest rate I've seen yet, so I pulled behind one of the buildings on Graf Road and listened. 
I still couldn't hear anything. So I shut off my car engine and only then could I detect a slight whir. The windmill was facing me, so perhaps the noise is louder on the back side?
I'm planning to examine further when conditions are better (worse?). I'll drive up to the Hill Street neighborhood to get a first-hand view and listen.

Update: Happened upon a new blog from the Back Bay Folks. It's on the blog roll.

4 comments:

Gillian Swart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bean said...

Tom, it's only audible to khaki-wearing yuppies, thus the earplugs I've been wearing 24/7.

Gillian Swart said...

Tom, I deleted my comment but what I said was accurate ... I went over to Hill St. today, saw the turbine but heard nothing from it. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Newburyport residents apparently need a waaaaaaahmbulance! How is it that Europeans can live with their thousands of turbines, but these yups have their thongs in a twist over one? Waaaaaah!

Other Port Posters