Monday, February 20, 2012

Cathy's Kitchen at Fowle's

For a blogger, I actually don't hear many rumors. I hadn't heard this one until Friday, and by then it was supposedly "all over town."

Anyway, we're big fans of Cathy's and it would be make a great addition to the downtown.

I just hope Newburyport Development's plans call for keeping the iconic Fowle's sign, which gives our 18th/19th Century recreation a bit of legitimacy by layering on distinct 20th Century focal point.

Plus, we'd have to change all those post cards.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand the need for a good restaurant for locals, so I hope Moulton caters to that rather than tourists. But do we really need another restaurant in Newburyport? What about a hardware-type store downtown? That'd be great. Or a shop that would really be a benefit to locals rather than just another restaurant. I don't trust Karp and his vision. A working downtown would be fantastic--no more chotchsky stores please!

Tom Salemi said...

I'm not sure a hardware store would be a practical use of the property. but I get your larger meaning.

I'm not sure if Karp really has a vision other than deliver what the market wants. And I don't think the market could support the stores you're suggesting, not with Kelly's and CVS up the street.

But I hear you.

Other Port Posters