Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Best Things in Life Are Free

and never attended by me, unfortunately.

I absolutely LOVE events like the Newburyport Literary Festival and Newburyport Preservation Week, and I'd love them even more if I could actually get the opportunity to attend them. But my khaki and kids world hasn't allowed me the chance....yet.

But I will make an extra effort this weekend to check out some of the Preservation Week happenings starting this weekend and running through the week, starting with the Saturday at noon talk on the great fire of 1811 and the walking tour of the South End. The bike tour of my beloved North End may also be in the cards.

Most events are free.

Check out the line up for yourself. Good stuff all week.

Local writer Joel Brown offers up a nice write up in the Globe as well.

1 comment:

James Shanley said...

Hi Tom,
Hope to see you on the bike tour tomorrow. Its rain or shine.

I went on the walking tour of the South End today, and it was excellent, as was Bonnie Sontag's presentation on the Great Fire of 1811.

You should try and do at least one event, as the Preservation Trust does a great job.

Other Port Posters