Monday, September 20, 2010

Maudslay Musing

I may take some guff for this, but while I too would like to wish a Happy Birthday to Maudslay (See the Daily News report on yesterday's celebration.) I must admit it's not one of my favorite parks.

It's beautiful, no doubt. Great place for a wedding, stroll or even a snowshoe.

But it's a bit too manicured for my taste. I prefer a bit more of the wild ala Ravenswood in Gloucester or even Old Town Hill in Newbury.

Still, it's a treasure and I'm glad we have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maudsay is an excellent example ( as is downtown newburyport) of positive government spending. Had the state not bought the property 25 years ago it would most likely be a sub division, or mansions.

Tom Salemi said...

Agreed.

As I said, it's a treasure. Just not my fave.

Other Port Posters