Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More Moak Details

Here's the Daily News' account of Mayor Moak receiving a job offer from Pepperell. Apparently, he'll be staying through the end of his term, but I'm guessing he'll take a little time off between Christmas and New Year's as we all hope to do.

Two quick thoughts....

I don't know a thing about the town, except it's location, but Pepperell is roughly two-thirds the size of Newburyport and it's run by a three-person board of selectman and a town manager. We have 11 Councillors and a Mayor. Just an interesting contrast of communities. No doubt, Pepperell is a bit more sleepy/rural, but 12,000 people is 12,000 people.

I can't wait to see what the salary is. We're in a sad state if he doubles his $60,000 mayoral salary.

BTW, Charter Review Commission is meeting tonight and planning to hold its first public hearing on Dec. 16. More on the hearing later, I hope.

And yes, I'm bringing back Lord Dexter, and his little Dog too.

3 comments:

Bean said...

I think the mayor's pay should be performance based. Start with a base of $35,000, and award them with quarterly bonuses based on performance as voted on by their consituents and city council.

Bubba said...

I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of $100K+-.

Tom Salemi said...

I say he doesn't settle for less than $100,000.

Other Port Posters