Sunday, September 13, 2009

And 60...

Okay, I've got all the signatures I need to get on the ballot for Charter Review Committee. Thanks to all the friends, neighbors and strangers who signed my nomination papers. I'll drop them off the City Clerk's office in the AM, a full day before the cut off date. Glad I didn't procrastinate.

Incidentally, if you missed the Thursday night session on the Charter Review check out Port Media's recording of the meeting below. This should give you a nice primer on the process and some context from Winthrop's successful charter review. (That town made a HUGE change going from Town Meeting to Town Council.)


I was excited to see and meet some of the dozen-plus candidates who are running for Charter Review. You'll see some familiar faces but also some newcomers like myself (and a late comer as well as you'll see me saunter in at 7:06.) I was encouraged to see such a broad sample interested volunteers.

We're supposed to turn in biographies and head shots to run on the cable channel. Also, Hugh Kelleher--who is running for one of the seats--is hoping to arrange a candidates night so we can introduce ourselves. There might also be some information on the Charter Review Blog. (See Right.)

I'll make myself known here, of course.

No comments:

Other Port Posters