Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rumble Rumble

Local guy in the know Bill Harris made an appearance before the NRA last week, advising them (including me) of some progress in the discussions of having the US Parks Service taking on a role downtown. (See the post on the NRA blog here.)

In his comments, he suggested that the city had been hoping to get some grants from New England Development to aid the process, but NED only provides such monies for active projects, of which we haven't been.

But Harris suggested - rather off the cuff - that the status could change later this year.

It didn't sound like he knew of anything in particular, just piqued my interest is all. Stay tuned.

Speaking of NED, I had the chance to visit Pinehills in Plymouth this past weekend. I just did a quick drive through and stopped at the market for some snacks to enjoy on the way home from the Cape. I have to say it's not at all reminiscent of Newburyport, a very different project.


No comments:

Other Port Posters