Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Remember, you read it here first.

Okay, maybe I didn't report the particulars, like the name of the business, the type of business or the buyers, but I hinted way back when that Plum Island Roasters had been sold. I just didn't bother chasing down the details. (And I just forgot to ask Sam the few times I saw her at the coffee shop.)

The Daily News mentioned the transaction today. However, the article focuses almost exclusively on Praelines changing hands (another favorite.) It's odd that the News doesn't mention the buyer of PI Roasters. I'd heard it was a former city councilor, but we'll leave it at that.

So remember, if you're hungry for vague mentions of rumored deals delivered in a manner that's of no practical benefit whatsoever, this is the place.

No comments:

Other Port Posters