Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bummer

I missed this item in the paper this morning. Plum Island Roasters is indeed moving to Amesbury to the former J. Bucks spot. (Thanks to Gillian Swart for catching it for me.)

Well, let me be the first to wish them well. The J. Bucks spot is a nice one although it obviously didn't serve the previous tenant too well.  But perhaps a fresh face will help, and Amesbury's downtown seems to be drawing an increasing amount of attention.

I, for one, won't be following PIR to Amesbury. I might stop by to pick up some Sumatra French Roast from time-to-time, or I'll grab a cup of coffee if I'm in the neighborhood. But daily coffee trips are out of the question.

It's a shame they couldn't stay at the current location. It's perfect and I doubt there will be much else going on down there for several years given the state of the economy. Too bad something couldn't be worked out.

Normally, this would have hit me pretty hard, but I knew they were shopping around. Plus, I've gained some new perspective on life. Part of the perspective came from a dream that I had last night--and I swear I'm not making this up--that Plum Island Roasters was moving to New Hampshire, so this doesn't seem so bad in comparison.

Perhaps a dream about a coffee shop is a sign that I need a change.

Good luck to Sam and Joyce.  Can't wait to see the new place.
 

No comments:

Other Port Posters