Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pizza, Pizza

Nick's Pizza made an interesting proclamation on its Facebook Page.
Nick's Pizza of Newburyport Thanks to everyone making Yankee Coming Week our best week ever in the history of Nick's Pizza. We sold the most pizzas ever in a one week span. We also noticed many new customers to Nick's Pizza. Thank you ..... Also, Wheat Pizza is coming shortly to the menu.
I'm made no secret of my love for Nick's, so I was happy to hear they had a good week. But apparently, Nick's success goes beyond seven days.
 Nick's Pizza of Newburyport Thank you for the nice comments. Due to the high demand for pizza during the busy times, we may have to increase our capacity from 2 to 4 ovens. The layout of the store would have to change since we don't have much space. This is in the research stage at this time. I need a lot of time to see if this is the right thing to do.
In this city, every new arrival -- Upper Crust Pizzeria -- is often seen as a threat to something tried and true like Nick's. But that's clearly not the case here. Glad to hear Nick's is doing so well and open to trying new things like delivery and wheat pizza crust to accommodate its growing customer base.

I just hope they'll remain at their location and keep their current decor. I do feel as if I've stepped back a few decades when I find my way inside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now if only their customers can pick up their pizzas without getting themselves -- or someone else -- into an accident! Tight squeeze down there.

Anonymous said...

i had you pegged for a Yuppie Crust man myself.

Tom Salemi said...

And I had you pegged for a no-name crank who likes to generalize.

Other Port Posters